If you recall, I introduced a new little feature at the beginning of this month called Five Things I Want To Do This Month. Well, now comes the fun part where I talk about if I actually did them.
- Walk the Brooklyn Bridge –As embarrassed as I am to say, I totally failed here. I’d like to blame the weather, but honestly it’s been pretty nice here. However, in my defense, this isn’t exactly a quick trip kind of activity.
- Buy a sassy black dress – Technically I didn’t do this one. I’ve looked at several stores and didn’t really find anything I liked or that looked right on me. But I did buy a really fun dress that isn’t like anything else in my closet. And, I still want to get a black dress but this might be something that will take a while since it’s kind of out of my hands. I consider this mostly complete.
- Go to an old book store or, really, a few old bookstores – Technically I didn’t go to actual old bookstores however, I did visit two lovely bookstores – McNally Jackson and The Strand (where I bought like six books for under $10). So, since one of them had old books, I am going to go ahead and check that off my list. Here’s a few of the books I purchased (minus He’s Just Not Your Type by Andrea Syrtash. I already had that one).
- Eat one actual piece of fruit everyday of this month – I pretty much failed miserably with this one. In fact, I am pretty sure I abandoned it after the first week. Perhaps it’s something I just can’t get into, like sushi.
- Meet the lovely @MissMegasaurus and @LifesARunway -- I consider this one half done. I met @LifesARunway for dinner and then we hopped to a couple of bars nearby. We found a guy with “Jesus” tattoos at one bar and somehow stumbled into a bar straight from 1993 complete with crocheted vests and a dude whose shirt was way too small for him (he will forever be called tiny). He kind of reminded me of this:
- Ask someone to be my Valentine – I confess, I didn’t do this either. Though, in my defense I had a guy in mind but things kind of ended a few days before Valentine’s Day. That’s a story I will share at a later time.
I guess I would consider this month mostly a success. And as for the things I didn’t do? Well, they will get carried over to the next month (except the fruit thing, I give up there).
I also should add that I did one other kind of big thing that I really wanted to do that wasn’t on this list – I added to my tattoo collection. Since pretty much the first day I moved here, I wanted a tattoo that would always remind me of the move. Yes, I know it’s all kinds of corny. But it was one of the bravest decisions I’ve ever made. So, I did it…(thanks to the fantastic guy at Hand of Glory Tattoo in Brooklyn for making me cool).
I have vowed to work a little harder at doing all the things on my list next month. Be on the lookout for all of those tomorrow.