It’s a brand new month which means a new set of things I want to do this month. Now, here is the tricky part, since this is a new feature for me, I get to decide how I want to do it. Since we've established I didn't exactly complete everything on my list last month, part of me thought I would just add the leftovers to the things for this month, but then it kind of seems like an afterthought. And, then I could end up with eight or ten things to do. The point of this is to be fun and enjoy life, not drive myself crazy.
So, I decided that whatever I don’t do will become a part of the next month’s five things I want to do.
Here they are for this month:
- Visit Prospect Park – I never really knew Prospect Park existed until I moved to Brooklyn and, from what I have heard there are some insanely awesome views of Manhattan. So, I think it’s time to go.
- Buy a cookbook and cook at least three meals from it – I confess, I don’t own a single cookbook unless you count the kind that tell you how to make cocktails. And, honestly, I need to learn to cook some different stuff. I know it’s not that big of a deal since you can find so many recipes online, but sometimes trying to find something that sounds good online is extremely tedious. I think a cookbook will inspire me. Anyone have suggestions??
- Go up in the Empire State Building – I confess (again) because I’ve kind of been a building snob. When you’ve grown up a few hours from Chicago and lived there for five years, you’ve definitely made your share of trips to the Sears (now called Willis) Tower. Since it’s taller than the Empire State, part of me always figure why bother. And, honestly, when I was a tourist here there were just so many other things I wanted to do. But now that I love here it’s a little different and it’s something I want to do.
- Walk the Brooklyn Bridge – I didn't do this last month so I am carrying it over. I’ve done this once before, as a tourist, but now that Brooklyn is my home I desperately want to do it again.
- Meet the lovely @MissMegasaurus – since this one is technically half done, I am going to add something to it. Make a new friend.
So, there you have it. And, as always, if you have any suggestions for me, leave them in the comments or contact me.